Scope of Work
Cianbro’s Brewer, Maine deep water Eastern Manufacturing Facility was selected to design, construct/supply, and test 22 Prefabricated Electrical Buildings (E-Rooms) for the Vale Newfoundland and Labrador Ltd. Nickel Processing Plant located in Long Harbour, Newfoundland, Canada. Modules ranged in size from up to 140 feet long x 45 feet wide x 67 feet tall with the heaviest weighing 490 tons. All E-Rooms were transported to the Newfoundland site by barge in five shipments.
- Cianbro designed and constructed:
- 11–single story E-Rooms
- 9–two story E-Rooms
- 2–three story E-rooms
- Equipment included:
- MCC’s and switchgear assemblies
- Free standing Variable Speed Drives (VSD’s)
- Harmonic and rectifier equipment
- VDC battery systems
- Fire and alarm systems among other amenities
- Major electrical equipment was provided by the Owner
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
The two three story E-rooms are among the tallest electrical room buildings ever shipped in the world.