Title: Project Manager - Oil, Gas & Chemical Market
Location: Bloomfield, CT
Provide leadership and support on Oil, Gas and Chemical construction projects for one of New England’s largest general contractors. The ideal candidate must provide technical support and oversight to estimating, scheduling, field support safety and financial oversight on large projects from bid preparation through final acceptance by client.
- Assume responsibility for safety and financial performance of the projects managed. Provide safety and hands-on leadership to teams to ensure productivity, efficient use of materials & equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
- Provide initial client contact to assess scope of work and resources required to successfully complete the project.
- Oversee supervision of total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule which includes interfacing with client and AE representatives, other contractors, etc.
- Oversee the estimate preparation for selected projects and review the contract specifications, drawings, takeoff information, and the like.
- Supervise total construction effort to ensure project is delivered in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise onsite functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, and may provide day-to-day direction of onsite administrative staff in accounting, purchasing, etc.).
- Ensure that proper leadership and supervision is provided to our craft employees and/or sub-contractors.
- Provide technical assistance, i.e. interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc., as required. Identify, initiate and maintain extra work estimating and issuance of change orders.
- Travel to the various projects will be expected frequently in this role.
- BS in Engineering (or equivalent work experience)
- Minimum of 10 years of construction project management in oil, gas and chemical in the field. Experience with gas pipeline preferred
- Knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, means and methods), safety, supervision, estimating, scheduling, and budgeting required
- Excellent communication, organizational and supervisory skills essential
- Requires significant independent judgment
Cianbro is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on marital status, race, color, creed, gender, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, veteran status, union affiliation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or sexual orientation.