Title: Estimator - Senior Mechanical
This position requires the preparation of contract proposal estimates for a variety of complex projects. The position will also involve the review proposals, specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents to estimate, in addition to determining the suitability of the project for Cianbro and the availability of resources to bid the project and continually monitors the work through completion.
- Perform preliminary review of RFP’s and help determine suitability of project to meet company goals, and assess how project fits in overall schedule.
- Develop preliminary estimate plan and assess ability to meet RFP dates.
- Identify scope of work and perform quantity takeoff from RFQ information for multiple disciplines.
- Review available plans and specifications to make sure estimate effort is in compliance.
- Perform conceptual estimates at times when detailed design information is not yet available. Ability to develop complete estimates from P&ID’s and conceptual GA’s, and ability to develop estimates from bulk quantities.
- Solicit pricing from material vendors and subcontractors.
- Develop overall estimate plan on larger projects and coordinate the estimating team, as necessary to roll-up all information into the final estimate.
- Ability to estimate multiple disciplines is a plus.
- Ensure that estimates are complete, well organized, and ready for review by management.
- Develop project schedules to ensure that projects can be completed to meet the owner’s requirements, and that company resources are utilized efficiently.
- Ensure that estimates address all potential safety risks and concerns.
- Develop innovative means and methods for completion of projects to increase our competitiveness and project margins.
- Ensure compliance with company standards and client requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals, and include information to document the basis of the proposal.
- Ensure that proposals meet company and regional financial goals, and that contractual requirements of the project are acceptable.
- Maintain base bid documents and organize estimate information.
- Assist the project team by providing technical guidance on the project delivery in terms of means and methods for successful bids, and continue this support for the duration of the project on smaller jobs.
- Coordinate with the production team on successful bids to provide a thorough transition to the project team.
- Support business development with technical information and client meetings as requested.
- Assist in development of project budgets and monitoring contract changes on successful proposals.
- Four year engineering degree or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience.
- A minimum of 10 - 15 years of field experience on heavy industrial projects, and 5 years of experience estimating projects.
- This position requires strong computer skills, including estimating software (HCSS) and MS Office.
- Experience with scheduling on Primavera.
- Strong conceptual estimating skills.
Cianbro is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on marital status, race, color, creed, gender, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, veteran status, union affiliation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or sexual orientation.