Title: Design Engineer
Location: Pittsfield, ME
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and drafting concrete forming and shoring systems to support project needs. The successful candidate must be able to take responsibility for their own work and support the review process for work done by others.
- Review contract drawings and understand forming and shoring requirements.
- Plan and design formwork and shoring system to provide the project a safe and economical system.
- Perform structural analysis of formwork and shoring systems.
- Prepare formwork and shoring detail and installation drawings using AutoCAD.
- Provide project supervision technical assistance.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- BS in Civil Engineering with a Structural emphasis and a minimum of 4 years experience in structural design (wood, steel, concrete).
- Must possess a PE license and be able to take responsibility for their designs and others. Someone who is currently practicing structural design is preferred.
- Proficient use of: AutoCAD, Enercalc, RISA, MathCAD, Excel.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills essential.
- Heavy civil experience including bridges, buildings and marine is preferred.
Cianbro is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on marital status, race, color, creed, gender, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, veteran status, union affiliation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or sexual orientation.