Title: Safety Specialist
Supports and advises the Project Team on achieving an injury free environment to ensure all team members are working safely and within the company guidelines and policies.
- Actively observe and provide feedback around crew's work to eliminate at-risk behavior, identify safety issues and help ensure corrective actions are taken.
- Perform injury management including minor first aid, incident root cause investigation and reporting, return to work as needed.
- Conduct daily inspections of jobsites actively observing and providing feedback around crew's work, tools, and equipment to eliminate hazards and identify at-risk behavior; advise on and help ensure corrective actions are taken.
- Take an active role in the planning of upcoming work on the site to help the team identify potential safety issues and solutions.
- Assist with developing, conducting, and documenting the jobsite safety orientations for all new team members, subcontractors, and other appropriate vendors, visitors, etc.
- Establish emergency planning with project management, including identifying and arranging local emergency and healthcare services, identifying warning signals, evacuation assembly point, and escape routes.
- Develop and set up systems to insure proper handling of all Hazardous Material Including proper use, storage, shipment, spill control and cleanup, and disposal.
- Ensure compliance with all Safety or Environmental requirements per state and federal regulations.
- Perform periodic industrial hygiene and environmental sampling.
- Participate in the corporate safety audit (X-ray) process and the follow-up required.
- Associates or Bachelor degree. (Safety field preferred)
- Four or more years of experience in workplace safety in the construction industry is preferred.
- CPR, AED, and First Aid certification required.
- Good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills are essential.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- CHST, OHST, STS, CSP, EMT certifications a plus.
- A background in physical therapy is a plus.
Cianbro is an employee owned, tobacco-free, equal opportunity employer of women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities and other protected categories.