Title: Structural Steel Fabrication Estimator
Location: Pittsfield, ME
- Develop relationships with potential clients through communication during the estimating process.
- Engage customers in order to develop pricing strategies.
- Communicate with customers to identify scope of work.
- Conduct a thorough review of project plans, specification, addendums, and other bid documents.
- Perform detailed labor and material takeoffs from RFQ information.
- Solicit pricing from material vendors and subcontractors.
- Coordinate with other team members to develop the estimate.
- Assess margin and develop competitive pricing for project.
- Develop formal and detailed proposals.
- Engage clients after the bid process in order to close the sale and determine where our price was in relationship to the industry.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- 1 to 5 years Structural Steel and/or Miscellaneous Metals estimating experience required. Preference given to candidates with transportation and bridge related experience.
- Candidates that are familiar with the New England, New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania Bridge Market are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Bridge re-hab experience is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills are desired. Familiarity with estimating FabTrol is a plus.
- Strong Sales skills preferred.
- Upon identification of the successful candidate, relocation to our facility as well as opportunities to work remotely will be considered.
Cianbro is an employee owned, tobacco-free, equal opportunity employer of women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities and other protected categories.