Title: Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic
Cianbro has an opening for a Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic. This is a travel position supporting jobsites throughout Maine and New Hampshire.
- Day to day preventative maintenance and repair of all types of heavy equipment including cranes, dirt and other heavy construction equipment.
- Complete understanding of all aspects of heavy equipment repairs and rebuild process.
- Responsible for inspection, repairs, and performing an operational and pre-ship check on all units prior to shipment to job sites.
- Repairs of the lattice boom cranes to include mobilization and de-mobilization and all aspects of the hydraulic, mechanical & electrical systems.
- Responsible for inventory control in regards to researching parts in manuals, completing material requisitions, follow-up on arrival dates, as well as returning unused parts to vendors.
- Responsible for completing daily activity plans, identifying & mitigating job hazards, developing and meeting schedules.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a heavy equipment mechanic and/or a combination of technical education and mechanical experience is required.
- S/he must pay attention to detail, be a self-starter, and be able to communicate effectively with clients and peers.
Cianbro is an employee owned, tobacco-free, equal opportunity employer of women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities and other protected categories.