Title: Estimator - Construction Management
Location: Pittsfield, ME
- Identify scope of work and assemble Trade Scope Packages.
- Experience with development and assembly of Request for Proposals.
- Experience performing quantity takeoff for civil, structural and architectural trades.
- Review plans and specifications to ensure estimate effort is in compliance with request.
- Perform conceptual estimates from conceptual or schematic design documents.
- Solicit pricing from material vendors and subcontractors, evaluate responses and make recommendations.
- Coordinate with other team members to develop overall estimate on larger projects.
- Ensure compliance with company standards, evaluate risks and client requirements.
- Ensure estimates are complete, well organized, and ready for review by the estimating management team.
- Understanding and ability to develop project schedules to ensure projects can be completed to meet owner requirements and that company resources are used efficiently.
- Address all potential safety risks and concerns to incorporate in the estimate
- Develop innovative means and methods for completing projects to increase competitiveness and margins.
- Prepare proposals when necessary, and include information to document the basis of proposal.
- Maintain base bid documents and organize estimate information.
- Coordinate with the Cianbro operations team on successful bids to provide a thorough transition to the project team.
- Monitor projects from successful bids to identify changes in scope and identify estimate deficiencies.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- The successful candidate shall have a four year engineering degree or equivalent combination of technical training and/or experience.
- 7-10 years of estimating commercial building projects or equivalent field experience.
- Ability to estimate other divisions of work (Structural, Civil, Finishes, MEP work, etc) is a plus.
- Requires strong computer skills, familiarity with scheduling & estimating software and MS Office.
- Conceptual Estimating, Preparing Proposals, On-screen Take-off and Primavera (P6) is a plus.
Cianbro is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on marital status, race, color, creed, gender, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, veteran status, union affiliation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or sexual orientation.