Title: Project Manager - Power & Energy
Provide leadership on T&D construction projects within our Power & Energy Team. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership, communication and business skills, as well as a thorough understanding of the T&D market & construction means/methods.
- Assume overall responsibility for all aspects of projects. Provide safety and hands-on leadership to project teams to ensure productivity, efficient use of materials & equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
- Oversee supervision of total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule which includes interfacing with client and AE representatives, other contractors, etc.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise onsite functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, and may provide day-to-day direction of onsite administrative staff in accounting, purchasing, etc.).
- Ensure that proper leadership and supervision is provided to our craft employees and/or sub-contractors.
- Provide technical assistance to onsite project team, i.e. interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc., as required.
- Coordinate with other T&D project managers and supervisors on resource scheduling.
- Work closely with other stakeholders to develop future leaders, both in the field and in the office.
- Identify, initiate and maintain extra work estimating and issuance of change orders.
- Take the lead in managing and maintaining relationships with key client representatives within project management, construction management and procurement groups.
- Attend pre-bid meetings and provide support to estimating group in terms of project selection, schedule, approach, resource availability and subcontractors.
- BS in Construction Management or Engineering (or equivalent work experience).
- Minimum of 5 years of construction project management on T&D projects.
- Knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, means and methods), safety, supervision, estimating, scheduling, and budgeting required.
- Excellent communication, organizational and supervisory skills essential.
Cianbro is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on marital status, race, color, creed, gender, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, veteran status, union affiliation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or sexual orientation.