Title: Crane Operator
- Safely operate various types of cranes to lift and move material. Rig equipment, machinery, and material using slings, chain falls, come-alongs and other riggings gear as required.
- Perform daily inspection and preventative maintenance on the equipment.
- Read and understand load chart (good math skills).
- Ensure safety at all time.
- Plan and assist for critical lifts.
- Set up crane for heavy lifts.
- Control crane movement in response to hand signals or radio commands.
- May be assigned miscellaneous tasks outside your craft to assist others as required.
- Minimum of five years of experience operating cranes in heavy civil bridge environment.
- Experience in proper crane set up and site evaluation skills.
- Have the ability to do calculations on load charts using math skills such as the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Massachusetts Hoisting license
- Meet the qualifications for Operators as per the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- Prior barge experience is preferred.
- NCCCO Certifications preferred.
- CDL licenses is a plus.
- Position may require a background checks.
- Travel is required
Cianbro is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on marital status, race, color, creed, gender, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, veteran status, union affiliation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or sexual orientation.