Title: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Brewer, ME
- Provide technical support around quality controls, blueprint and contract compliance, scheduling, documentation, and engineering means and methods on site.
- Assist in proper project planning, value-added engineering means and methods, developing work packages and preparing production indicators/benchmarks, and developing the master schedule.
- Coordinate construction activities on a project, including the estimate, start-up, costing, scheduling, demobilization, etc.
- Provide ongoing client contact to assess progression of work and resources required to successfully complete project.
- Interpret design/drawings for team members installing material. Research and resolve drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences, and errors.
- Verify that all completed work complies with applicable codes, drawings and specifications.
- Maintain the project schedule and budget to aid project leadership in knowing where they are and making decisions for how to achieve project goals, with input from others.
- Identify, document, and estimate costs of extra work activities, which were not anticipated in original scope and provide proper notification and financial reporting of change orders.
- Assist Project Manager in other responsibilities, as required.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Four year engineering or construction management degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience in the particular specialty.
- Minimum of four years of heavy industrial/mechanical construction project management/engineering in the field.
- Knowledge of estimating, schedules, budget, cost controls, financial reporting, and safety required.
- Excellent communication, attention to detail, and organizational skills essential.
- Computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, scheduling, and databases.
Cianbro is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on marital status, race, color, creed, gender, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, veteran status, union affiliation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or sexual orientation.