Title: Estimator - Structural Steel Fabrication
Location: Pittsfield, ME
- Develop relationships with potential clients through communication during the estimating process.
- Engage customers in order to develop pricing strategies.
- Communicate with customers to identify scope of work.
- Conduct a thorough review of project plans, specification, addendums, and other bid documents.
- Perform detailed labor and material takeoffs from RFQ information.
- Solicit pricing from material vendors and subcontractors.
- Coordinate with other team members to develop the estimate.
- Assess margin and develop competitive pricing for project.
- Develop formal and detailed proposals.
- Engage clients after the bid process in order to close the sale and determine where our price was in relationship to the industry.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- 1 to 5 years Structural Steel and/or Miscellaneous Metals estimating experience required. Preference given to candidates with transportation and bridge related experience.
- Candidates that are familiar with the New England, New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania Bridge Market are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Bridge re-hab experience is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills are desired. Familiarity with estimating FabTrol is a plus.
- Strong Sales skills preferred.
- Upon identification of the successful candidate, relocation to our facility as well as opportunities to work remotely will be considered.
Cianbro is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on marital status, race, color, creed, gender, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, veteran status, union affiliation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or sexual orientation.