Scope of Work
Cianbro installed new equipment to double the capacity of an existing chemical manufacturing facility.
- Installed dryer cyclones, centrifuge, acetal reactor, agitators, delumpers, heat exchangers, vibratory conveyor, and product transfer coolers
- Installed cable tray, conduit, motors, control terminations, and all associated process instrumentation
- Demolished the existing piping to facilitate the installation of new lines
- Performed ASME code modifications to existing process vessels to accommodate the conversion
- Excavated, installed rebar, placed foundations, and erected buildings for the new transformers/substation/Motor Control Center Building and acetal reactor structure
- Installed new blast walls and fiberglass relief siding on the screening tower
- Installed fittings, required to accommodate relocation of high-pressure wash lances from the existing reactor to the new unit
- Installed the new roof-mounted preheater including all structural steel modifications
- Modified existing process equipment structural steel platforms
- Installed all instrumentation, including calibration, mounting, tubing, and electrical connections
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
Cianbro completed this project under an aggressive schedule in order to have the facility online to fulfill increased product demand. The piping was prefabricated onsite to allow for the installation of a significant amount of process lines during an initial nine-day shutdown followed by a 21-day final shutdown.