Scope of Work
Cianbro converted the #2 Hog Boiler burners to natural gas.
- Placed the pad for the main gas skid on the 5th floor
- Rigged the main gas skid from the basement to the 5th floor
- Rigged and set four (4) corner gas skids on reinforced platforms
- Installed approximately 2,000 linear feet of gas and vent piping
- Installed all new electrical and instrumentation from the Burner Management System (BMS) to all corner skids and the main gas skid
- Installed carbon steel gas and vent piping and boiler feedwater piping for attemperation
- Installed valve skids and new natural gas burners
- Performed windbox modifications for the natural gas burners
- Performed structural and platform modifications
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
Cianbro completed all piping and pre-outage work in two months, prior to the June Outage. Additionally, the Cianbro team responded to all emergency work within the mill concurrently with this project.