The Cianbro team successfully completed this six week outage project on time and on budget—maintaining the mill’s production schedule.
Scope of Work
Cianbro demolished and rebuilt the #9 Paper Machine from the headbox to the dryer section and from the base plates to the machine hoods.
- Replaced the headbox with attenuator
- Rebuilt the fourdrinier
- Refurbished and realigned the coater calender and reel
- Reworked the press section
- Rebuilt the main dryer and dryer sections with 23 to 60 inch enclosed gear dryers
- Removed existing line shaft/turbine system and installed DC sectional drives
- Installed a new primary cleaner supply pump and fan pump
- Installed a lube oil system and a vacuum system along with the steam and condensate system
- Installed a new control room, MCCs, and drive cabinets
- Upgraded the primary and secondary electrical distribution
- Installed a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) system
- Rebuilt overhead crane