Scope of Work
Cianbro managed the design and construction of a 19,500-square-foot, state-of-the-art educational facility.
- Provided design development services including constructability reviews, schedule and budget development, and value engineering
- Received all drawings through electronic transfer and mass-produced construction documents with an on-site print shop
- Completed four acres of site work — including 45,000 cubic yards of mass excavation; two 225-space parking lots; sewer; water; irrigation; landscaping; and retaining walls — during the winter months
- Constructed 700 cubic yards of concrete foundations in December
- Self-performed the fabrication and erection of 75 tons of structural steel in four weeks
- Constructed four computer classrooms, two executive seminar rooms, auditorium, intermediate distribution frame (IDF) room, full-catering kitchen, administrative offices, conference room, and a lobby reception area
- Installed 15,000 square feet of metal roof decking and 20,500 square feet of cold formed metal framing
- Installed 450 square feet of storefront glass in the lobby reception area
- Installed the HVAC system and electrical package
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
Cianbro successfully managed logistical challenges to complete this fast-track, winter construction project in six months.