Scope of Work
Cianbro demolished the existing United States Coast Guard (USCG) timber pier and erected a new concrete bulkhead and pier for three 110 foot USCG Cutters.
- Demolished the existing timber pier
- Constructed a turbidity curtain for debris and sediment control
- Constructed a temporary rip rap road in the intertidal area to access and construct the new pier
- Dredged 1,000 cubic yards of material to unload the existing sheet wall pile
- Drove 12,750 ea. 12 inch, 24 inch and 30-inch pipe pile up to 125 feet deep to construct the 32 bent structures
- Erected the concrete bulkhead and installed cast-in-place pile caps
- Installed the precast deck panels between each pile bent
- Poured and finished the concrete overlay for the pier
- Installed handrail and all utilities for three 110 feet USCG Cutters and research vessels
- Installed the concrete float and gangway
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
Through value engineering and partnering with Owner, Cianbro completed the project with a substantial savings to the Owner.
AGC Build Maine Award