Completed on time, within budget, with shared savings back to the owner.
Scope of Work
Cianbro served as Construction Manager for renovations to the Cross Insurance Center (formerly the Cumberland County Civic Center). The renovations and additions brought the building up to code and increased the building by approximately 37,800 square feet.
- 37,800 square feet of additional space
- 400,000 pounds of steel
- 118,400 square feet of renovations
- 65,000 bricks installed
- 3,319 cubic yards of concrete
- Performed required/necessary site-work
- Constructed three new truck entrances and loading dock areas
- Enclosed the building corners allowing entries at the sidewalk level
- Constructed new lobbies including stairs, elevators, and escalators
- Expanded the concourses to include additional restrooms, concession, and merchandise areas
- Constructed private suites and club team offices, administrative offices, locker rooms, and a larger ticket lobby
- Replaced the roof-accessed air handling units (AHUs) and chillers
- Demolished and replaced all electrical and low voltage
- Retrofitted 7,000 arena seats
- Enhanced the existing building facade
- Upgraded the Free Street elevation with new pedestrian lighting and graphic panels
- Landscaped and installed sidewalks and building signage
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
The renovations were completed in two phases. The first phase was completed while the facility was 100 percent operational. Coordination of street closures and deliveries was essential since the building was blocked off on one side with a parking garage and the remaining three sides had streets within feet of the building. The second phase encompassed the entire building.