Scope of Work
Cianbro removed an existing 660 linear foot draw span bridge over the Bellamy River and replaced it with a 1,132 linear foot, 70 foot wide concrete bridge with 13 fixed spans.
- Demolished the existing draw span bridge and overhead counterweight, with a hydraulic hammer and excavator
- Deployed an underwater hydraulic shear to remove the concrete piling
- Constructed the westbound lane of the new bridge, switched traffic from the old structure to the new, and then constructed the eastbound lane
- Drove 26 inch and 36-inch diameter pipe pile—filled and encased in concrete—to construct the bridge substructure
- Constructed the superstructure with concrete AASHTO girders and a cast-in-place concrete deck
- Installed nearly one mile of detailed concrete parapet walls
- Constructed a new intersection with full traffic signals and new turnpike ramps.