Scope of Work
Cianbro performed all structural, electrical, and transmission line work required to complete the expansion of an existing 115 kV substation.
- Installed 115 kV yard structural steel
- Installed all yard equipment, including 4 circuit breakers, 7 disconnect switches, 15 CCVT’s, 2 wave traps, and 3 lighting arrestors
- Completed all conduit installations and equipment grounding
- Installed 3 transmission line structures and the associated 795 ACSR conductors
- Constructed a 115 kV bus system
- Installed 12 lighting masts
- Constructed and installed all flex taps
- Installed the electrical outfitting of a 28 feet by 48 feet control house, including all of the lighting, cable tray, cabinet installations, AC/DC equipment, wiring, and terminations
- Pulled and terminated power and control cables
- Installed and spliced fiber optic cable
- Demolished the existing control house equipment and performed the necessary removals and modifications
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
Cianbro performed this construction work in an energized substation.