Scope of Work
Cianbro performed work over a distance of 1.3 miles – Phase 1 included rebuilding the existing East Petersburg #1 & #2 138kV tap, followed by Phase 2 of rebuilding the existing South Akron –Dillersville #1 & #2 69kV lines.
- Removed 16 existing structures and double circuit conductors
- Installed 19 new custom steel poles on concrete caisson foundations
- Installed 2 circuits of 138kV conductor
- Installed 2 circuits of 69kV conductor
- Provided access matting and environmental controls
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
Only one circuit was taken out of service at a time to allow for construction, as a result Cianbro built the new lines within 20 feet of an energized circuit. Cianbro also coordinated construction activities within an operating ALCOA facility.