Scope of Work
Cianbro disassembled and refurbished the vertical mixed-flow turbine which had been manufactured and installed in 1931. Cianbro cleaned, inspected, and rehabilitated components necessary to restore the turbine unit to its original condition. All components where installed, aligned, and tested to industry standards.
- Provided as-built drawings for replaced components
- Replaced the thrust and turbine generator guide bearings
- Installed a new mechanical seal
- Replaced mechanical governor, servos, wear surface on the curb ring, and draft tube
- Built up the throat ring to the original dimensions
- Replaced the unit brake system
- Installed new air compressor and air piping
- Replaced wicket gates and bushings
- Installed new 5MVA Transformer
- Installed medium voltage cable and terminations between the generator unit, 5MVA Transformer, and the existing 13.8 kV switchgear routed via new conduit cable tray
- Installed power and control wiring for new exciter and governor
- Provided new capacitor lightning arrestors
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
Cianbro successfully replaced the draft tube without dewatering the unit.