Scope of Work
Cianbro served as Construction Manager/General Contractor for a new 21,000-square-foot Scout Center for the Pine Tree Council that services Central and Southern Maine. The new Scout building includes a library, tribute room, visitor’s center, training room, retail shop, audio-visual center, resource areas, and an observation deck for scouts to watch planes take off and land at the Portland Jetport.
- Installed the concrete basement
- Performed site work including utilities, asphalt paving, segmental retaining walls, gravel fills, and landscaping
- Performed all carpentry including framing, wood trusses, heavy timber trusses, exterior and interior architectural woodwork, and casework
- Erected all structural steel joists and metal decking
- Installed acoustical ceiling, floor finishes, and roof shingles
- Installed cultural stone and wood siding
- Installed fire alarm and fire protection systems
- Installed all doors and windows
- Installed a hydraulic elevator
- Installed all building mechanical, plumbing, and electrical (MEP) systems including power, lighting, communication, and data infrastructure
- Installed panelization for the second-floor exterior walls
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
The Scout Center is a U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) building. Through the use of regionally-manufactured materials; regionally-extracted, harvested, or recovered materials; certified wood products; constructing an indoor air quality management plan; and an overall team effort in waste reduction by salvaging and/or refurbishing materials when possible, this building met the required credits to earn certification as a LEED building.