Scope of Work
Cianbro served as Construction Manager for a 204,000-square-foot bottling facility, located on a 35-acre site. The building was designed with a 10,000-square-foot office area and four bottling lines.
- Performed site work including clearing 27 acres
- Placed 194,000 square feet of superflat floors
- Cast 2,300 linear feet of 12-inch sandwich panel tilt-up walls with an average height of 32 feet, which were erected in six days
- Constructed girder and bar joist building steel
- Installed concrete masonry unit (CMU) block walls to enclose electrical, mechanical, PH, fire pump, and chemical rooms
- Installed 13 loading docks, with retractable dock locks for ease of snowplowing
- Placed roofing, including 60-mil polyvinyl chloride (PVC), mechanically fastened system
- Provided HVAC systems, including rooftop-mounted units, propane-fired, with chilled water cooling
- Installed a load out slab for tanker hauling to other plant sites from the water source
- Slab was radiant heated to eliminate ice and snow during winter months
- Performed fire protection, consisting of an early suppression fast response (ESFR) system in the warehouse with conventional sprinklers
- System was fed by a 250,000-gallon fire tank with a diesel-driven fire pump
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
The remote site location, severe winter conditions, and surrounding wetlands were some of the challenges faced on this project. The entrance road crossed approximately 1,000 feet of wetlands. The site was monitored every two weeks by a third-party erosion control inspector required by the State of Maine and contracted by Nestle Waters North America. Along with finish grading and landscaping, the building was weather tight and painted one week before the first snow storm. The building was constructed by concrete tilt-up walls. Cianbro managed 50 trade partners with a total workforce of 175 people. The project is LEED Gold certified.