Scope of Work
Cianbro constructed a new 34.5 kV substation to an existing, energized 34.5 kV substation at an operating hydroelectric generation plant.
- Performed site clearing and grubbing
- Installed concrete foundations
- Installed the following substation components:
- Foundations and double dead end and single end structures
- Subsurface grounding and conduit systems
- Transformer oil containment system
- All substation equipment
- Installed and welded the aluminum bus system
- Installed and terminated the control cables and equipment taps
- Installed distribution poles and lines outside substation
- Performed final grading and site restoration
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
Cianbro adjusted the foundation design to accommodate pinning due to shallow ledge.