Scope of Work
Cianbro installed a 10-foot high-security perimeter fence around an existing substation including new access control systems, lighting, cameras, and a perimeter intrusion detection system.
- Erected 670 linear feet of 10-foot-tall, welded wire fabric fencing - including 67 embedded post foundations
- Ran PVC conduit below-grade and rigid conduit above-grade
- Pulled and terminated all wire and fiber devices
- Installed 10 CCTVs
- Mounted 17 new lights atop fence posts
- Installed a new 115 kV power pot
- Installed a new station service feed to support the security building
- Completed 160 linear feet of 18-inch RCP with catch basins for improved site drainage
- Upgraded drainage and improved the access road
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
The work site had limited space for material laydown and the new fence line was in close proximity to energized bus and equipment. The project team did an excellent job planning each activity to ensure the team stayed outside the minimum approach distances and avoided inadvertent equipment contacts.