Scope of Work
Cianbro installed a 10-foot, high-security perimeter fence around an existing substation including new access control systems, lighting, cameras, and a perimeter intrusion detection system.
- Erected 6,870 linear feet of 10-foot-tall, welded wire fabric fencing, including 619 embedded post foundations
- Ran 34,000 feet of conduit below grade
- Pulled and terminated all wire and fiber
- Installed a new station service feed to support the security building
- Installed 79 CCTVs
- Mounted 101 new lights
- Performed all earthwork and backfill of stone/riprap around the fence perimeter
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
The project team was challenged with determining how to feed the various security devices and lighting along the fence line. The team took a mixed approach by running most conduits below grade for security and other rigid conduits on the fence for lighting. The team worked with the manufacturer of the fence and arrived at a solution that utilized the rail system as conduit supports. This approach increased production, all while leaving a clean, finished look along the fence.