Scope of Work
Cianbro fabricated and erected two structural steel buildings to expand Solutia’s manufacturing plant in Springfield, Massachusetts.
- Fabricated and erected 165 tons of structural steel
- Erected two steel buildings (# 99 and # 136)—totaling 12,000 square feet
- Installed roof joists and purlins
- Installed “Q” decking on the second and third levels of building # 99
- Placed 156 cubic yards of concrete floors
- Installed “Q” decking on the mezzanine level of building # 136
- Installed utility penetrations in the decking
- Installed four air-handling units
- Coordinated daily work activities with the trade partners
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
The Cianbro team safely managed rigging challenges that included erecting 60-foot beams within an extremely limited work area.