Title: Estimator - T&D
Location: Pittsfield, ME
The position requires the preparation of contract proposal estimates for High Voltage Transmission and Distribution projects. The position will review proposals, specifications, and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents to estimate materials specificity, quantity, and cost. Determines the suitability of the project for Cianbro and the availability of resources to bid the project and continually monitors the work through completion.
- Perform preliminary review of RFP's and help determine suitability of project to meet company goals, and assess how project fits in schedule.
- Develop preliminary estimate plan and assess ability to meet RFP dates.
- Identify scope of work and perform specificity, quantity, and cost takeoff from RFQ information.
- Review available plans and specifications to make sure estimate is in compliance with client requirements.
- Perform conceptual estimates at times when detailed design information is not yet available.
- Solicit pricing from material vendors and subcontractors.
- Develop overall estimate plan on larger projects and coordinate the estimating team, as necessary to roll-up all information into the final estimate.
- Ensure that estimates are complete, well organized, and ready for review by management.
- Develop project schedules to ensure that projects can be completed to meet the owner's requirements, and that company resources are utilized efficiently.
- Ensure that estimates address all potential safety risks and concerns.
- Develop innovative means and methods for completion of projects to increase our competitiveness and project margins.
- Ensure compliance with company standards and client requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals, and include information to document the basis of the proposal.
- Ensure that proposals meet company and regional financial goals, and that contractual requirements of the project are acceptable.
- Maintain base bid documents and organize estimate information.
- Assist the project team by providing technical guidance on the project delivery in terms of means and methods for successful bids, and continue this support for the duration of the project on smaller jobs.
- Coordinate with the production team on successful bids to provide a thorough transition to the project team.
- Support business development with technical information and client meetings as requested.
- Assist in development of project budgets and monitoring contract changes on successful proposals.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience in technical field and/or related experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of electrical transmission system construction estimating.
- Requires strong computer skills, familiarity with scheduling and estimating software (HCSS) and MS Office.
- Strong conceptual estimating skills.
Cianbro is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on marital status, race, color, creed, gender, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, veteran status, union affiliation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or sexual orientation.