Title: Project Manager - Power Market
Provide leadership on T&D construction projects within our Power & Energy Team. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership, communication and business skills, as well as a thorough understanding of the T&D market & construction means/methods.
- Assume overall responsibility for all aspects of projects managed. Provide safety and hands-on leadership to project teams to ensure productivity, efficient use of materials & equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
- Oversee supervision of total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule which includes interfacing with client and AE representatives, other contractors, etc.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise onsite functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, and may provide day-to-day direction of onsite administrative staff in accounting, purchasing, etc.).
- Ensure that proper leadership and supervision is provided to our craft employees and/or sub-contractors.
- Provide technical assistance to onsite project team, i.e. interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc., as required.
- Coordinate with other T&D project managers and supervisors on resource scheduling.
- Work closely with other stakeholders to develop future leaders, both in the field and in the office.
- Identify, initiate and maintain extra work estimating and issuance of change orders.
- Take the lead in managing and maintaining relationships with key client representatives within project management, construction management and procurement groups.
- Attend pre-bid meetings and provide support to estimating group in terms of project selection, schedule, approach, resource availability and subcontractors.
- Travel to the various projects will be expected frequently in this role.
- BS in Construction Management or Engineering (or equivalent work experience)
- Minimum of 5 years of construction project management on T&D projects.
- Knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, means and methods), safety, supervision, estimating, scheduling, and budgeting required
- Excellent communication, organizational and supervisory skills essential
Cianbro is an employee owned, tobacco-free, equal opportunity employer of women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities and other protected categories.