We are seeking a talented individual that’s passionate about strategizing to get the best value. This role bridges the estimating and purchasing departments during the bid and preconstruction phases.
You’ll work in a fast-paced, exciting environment and are required to meet strict deadlines. The role demands strategic thinking and the ability to develop and maintain relationships with external companies.
- Develop, maintain, and expand business relationships with vendors, upholding a level of ethics, devoid of any questionable business conduct
- Review and understand bid documents (plans, specifications, and schedules) to identify requirements such as geography, environmental conditions/impacts, Buy America Clauses, long-lead material items, and material escalations
- Negotiate with external sources to secure pricing and terms
- Assemble/organize lists of vendors (bid logs) to solicit for construction trades Cianbro doesn’t self-perform
- Monitor changes in bid documents and addenda and update the Cianbro Planroom
- Maintain the vendor database in HCSS/Heavybid
- Create, maintain, and understand Municipal, State, and Federal Diversity Plans
- Assist purchasing and operations with the turnover/buyout process with successful bids
- Provide ongoing projects with procurement support, as required
- An engineering or construction management degree is preferred.
- A purchasing background is favored or equivalent construction experience.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational, communication, presentation, and negotiation skills are necessary.
- Strong Excel, Word, Adobe, and Outlook skills are required.
- Experience with construction procurement systems (HCSS/Heavybid) is preferred.
The Procurement Specialist reports directly to the Corporate Procurement Manager and has a strong working relationship with the Estimating Team. This position interacts with clients, consultants, vendors, and contractors during the normal performance of duties.
Cianbro is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on marital status, race, color, creed, gender, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, veteran status, union affiliation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or sexual orientation.