Scope of Work
Cianbro was contracted in 2001 to convert an obsolete manufacturing facility into a modern, state of the art paper mill. Work included concrete foundations, process piping, equipment installation, instrumentation, and electrical installation. Cianbro now provides maintenance services to the entire facility including inspections, electrical upgrades, process piping mods, mechanical repairs as well as scheduled machine shutdowns. In the Summer of 2019, Cianbro was awarded the seventh consecutive three year maintenance contract extension.
- Initial install of over 100 pieces of process equipment
- Over 10,000 feet of process and steam piping
- Staffing peak of 225 team members
- Core staff of 10 craft
- Start-up support
- Recent projects include new drum screen, LBM winder, LBM calendar stack, stock prep upgrades
- 24/7 maintenance support including weekends and holidays
- Crew augmentation as required to meet project demands
- Completion of 700,000 work hours without a lost time injury
Lean, Innovative and Unique Project Solutions
Cianbro's onsite team must quickly adapt to the operational conditions. The daily work plan can change in an instant due to production demands and unscheduled downtime. Cianbro crews perform daily inspections throughout the facility to identify equipment deficiencies and prevent equipment failures. The Cianbro team takes great pride in keeping the plant systems running at maximum capacity with minimal production interruption.