Scope of Work
Cianbro, along with joint venture partner VJS Construction, served as Construction Manager for a new two-story, 179,475-square-foot, 138-bed senior living complex. The campus comprises four separate buildings, each roughly 45,000 square feet. The buildings are conventional steel-framed and consist of Hardie Plank siding, cultured stone base accents, and thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) roofing.
- 179,475 square feet of new steel-framed buildings on a 12-acre site
- Three separate two-story buildings connected to a Community Center hub
- Assisted Living & Transitional Care
- Long Term Care
- Memory Care
- 138 private residential rooms, including several equipped with lifts
- Clusters of private rooms around community living rooms, dining rooms, dens, and kitchens
- Patio areas and outdoor space, including a pond and putting green
- Rehabilitation pool, gym, and extensive multi-purpose room
- Indoor village center featuring a chapel, bistro, bank, movie theater, barber shop/beauty salon, veterans’ club, business center, and children’s play area
- Installed a wander-guard system, nurse call system and patient lifts
- Ground improvements included 1,600 concrete inclusions at 16-inch diameter for a total of 4,000 cubic yards of concrete
Lean, Innovative and Unique Project Solutions
The Cianbro/VJS Joint Venture utilized innovative software to facilitate construction, including Procore, Building Connected, Building Information Modeling (BIM), Citrix ShareFile and TouchPlan. Additionally, the project team stored all materials on wheels as well as adopted the practice that no debris hitting the floor. This greatly improved the construction schedule by reducing material and debris handling time.