The Wharf Phase 2 project consisted of demolishing existing floating docks, two piers, and three buildings. In addition, Cianbro installed approximately 1,000 linear feet of king pile wall, along with a concrete cap, timber fendering, and approximately 75,000 square feet of concrete floating docks with utilities.
Cianbro completed the following:
- Demolition of floating docks (~29,000 square feet) and 10 mooring piles
- Demolition of Pier 3 consisting of the Cantina Building, Odyssey Building, timber deck, and pier (~12,000 square feet)
- Demolition of the Gangplank Marina Security Building and timber pier
- Installation of 997 feet of combination wall
- 149 ea 70 feet HZM1080D-12 (king pile) (18,876 pounds ea)
- 144 ea 60 feet AZ14-770 (sheet pile) (6,400 pounds ea)
- Installation of pipe pile (143 ea) 16-inch and 20-inch diameter up to 100 feet long
- Installation of electrical and communication utilities
- Installation of sewer, water, and winter water utilities
- Installation of fuel systems on floating docks
- Installed 600 cubic yards concrete cap
- Installed 11,000 square feet timber fascia
- Installed 75,000 square feet concrete floating docks
Cianbro installed 3,000-pound, pre-fabricated timber panels utilizing a custom built "jig" which facilitated the installation process. Cianbro is also streamlining the construction process by utilizing pull planning and adhering to the scheduled milestone activities.