Scope of Work
Work included the above grade construction of a new 345/115 kV substation along with the upgrades, modifications and tie-ins to an existing substation.
- Constructed a 345 kV substation yard consisting of 11 circuit breakers, 31 switches, 21 CVT’s, 18 Surge Arresters, and 4 Wave Traps
- Constructed a 115 kV substation yard consisting of 5 circuit breakers, 19 switches, 9 VT’s, and 6 Surge Arresters
- Erected structural steel including 8 – 345 kV double dead end structures, 3 – 115 kV double dead end structures, and all associated equipment stands and bus supports
- Pulled 310,000 linear feet of cable
- Installed all above grade conduit and junction boxes
- Installed over 7,200 linear feet of aluminum bus and mechanical fittings
- Fabricated and installed cable strain bus assemblies
- Connected 345/115 kV Autotransformer
- Performed upgrades to an existing, adjacent substation
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
Maintained an aggressive schedule while working through harsh winter conditions in the Vernon, VT area.
Cianbro performed the above-grade construction of a new 345/115 kV substation along with the upgrades, modifications, and tie-ins to an existing substation.