Scope of Work
Cianbro installed two new 200 ton-per-day tissue machines and completed associated electrical and instrumentation, mechanical, piping, and miscellaneous civil work. At its peak, the project had approximately 300 team members on-site.
- Installed two 200 ton-per-day Andritz tissue machines and associated process equipment
- Installed all power systems, including 14 transformers, two Motor Control Centers, and 600,000 linear feet of cable
- Installed 70,000 linear feet of process piping
- Installed roll handling equipment, including two roll elevators and a roll-wrapping system
- Installed a 3-unwind station winder for rewinding and combining rolls on-site
- Installed a 35,000 square foot finishing and shipping building with all building services
- Installed 15,000 linear feet of pneumatic and hydraulic tubing for all process systems
- Installed approximately 85,000 square feet of built-up roofing for the tissue machine building as well as the finishing and shipping building
- Unloaded and handled all permanent materials and equipment for the construction of the facility
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
Cianbro planned and scheduled work around several other contractors on the job, particularly, the major civil contractor. Due to limited laydown space, materials were stored at a warehouse off-site and shipped to the project site as needed in accordance with the schedule. There were multiple equipment suppliers, which necessitated the use of seven separate cable schedules in order to effectively coordinate and manage.