Scope of Work
Cianbro constructed a new 34.5 kV to 12.47 kV substation adjacent to an existing substation on the same property. This new substation has 34.5 kV and 15 kV switch structures, 6 – 15 kV switch structures, 3 – 15 kV circuit breakers, 1 – 34.5 kV disconnect switch and an interconnecting aluminum bus.
- Erected Steel
- 34.5 kV bus, one station service structure, two takeoff structures (3151 line with vipers), and one switch stand
- 12.47 kV bus, one station service structure, mobile takeoff structure, two 12 kV feeders, and six switch stands
- Installed Major Equipment
- One 34.5 kV, 1200A circuit breaker, three 12.5 kV circuit breakers
- Two 34.5 kV Viper reclosers, two 34.5 kV Viper bypass switches
- Two 34.5 kV Viper sectionalizing switch, 34.5 kV and 12 kV bus
- Installed auxiliary equipment and fit-out of the new control house
Lean, Innovative, and Unique Project Solutions
Although this was a Greenfield substation, construction was performed immediately adjacent to energized 34.5 kV and 12.47 kV transmission lines that surrounded the yard; due to this complexity, Cianbro successfully executed detailed Activity Planning and Safety Management.